CURRENT JOB OPENING - Structural Design Engineer
MKM currently has an opening for a Structural Design Engineer. We are a growing, fast-paced, friendly company that encourages professional development and promotes a positive and educational atmosphere.
- Structural design of residential and commercial low-rise buildings
- Design using timber, concrete, steel and masonry construction materials
- Plan and conduct site investigations to document existing conditions
- Written and verbal communication with architects and general contractors
- Construction administration including RFI responses and local site visits
- Undergraduate degree in Civil / Structural Engineering required
- California EIT
- Excellent verbal, written communication and computer skills
- Experience with engineering programs such as ETABS & ADAPT as well as AutoCAD strongly preferred
We offer a competitive hourly wage commensurate with experience. MKM & Associates is proud to offer an excellent benefits package that includes medical insurance, pre-tax healthcare plans, paid time off (PTO), 401(k) employee savings plan, and paid holidays.
Engineering applicants are encouraged to send a cover letter, resume with work examples/portfolio in PDF or DWG format to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include salary history/expectations. Reference "Structural Design Engineer" in subject title. No phone calls please.
CURRENT JOB OPENING - Structural Drafter
MKM & Associates is looking for a structural engineering drafter to join our growing company. Must have minimum 2 years of experience in AEC industry.
Job Duties: Understand and transfer engineering red line comments into AutoCAD. Transfer and simplify architecturally supplied information to structural drawings. Setup preliminary engineering framing layouts with little direction. Produce accurate, coordinated and complete construction documents in a timely manner. Adhere to company drafting policies and practices. Provide accurate field documentation of existing buildings and structures.
Skill Requirements: Work with the latest version of Autodesk AutoCAD. Experienced in Word/Excel/Outlook/Adobe. Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail. Understanding of construction, structural engineering or architecture. Self-starter, able to be meet tight schedules with little supervision. Can assess and work through technical or design problems. Is willing to adapt to new software and technology advancements.
Compensation: Hourly rate based on experience. Please email cover letter including hourly rate desired and availability with resume to StructuralDrafter@hotmail.com.
No phone calls please.